Forthcoming themed issues in 2022
The thematic block “Global Urban Waterfronts: Narratives, Contestations and Experiences”
The journal Changing Societies & Personalities calls for submission of abstracts for the thematic block “Global Urban Waterfronts: Narratives, Contestations and Experiences”.
We seek articles on any aspect of the uses and the contexts of existing waterfronts and waterfront projects. We invite articles that address either the Global South and/or the Global North. Articles may be either conceptual or theorised empirical studies. We seek papers both on processes/relations within localities and regions and on processes/relations linking these scales to national and international scales. Possible fields include:
- fluidity, liminality, edges, flows, fixity and other conceptualizations of waterfront;
- street life and public life along urban riverfronts and waterfronts;
- public and private interests behind the uses of waterfronts;
- the tensions among urban renewal and historic preservation;
- marketization of attitudes of planning professionals and withdrawal of municipalities from protecting the public interests;
- redevelopment of the industrial waterfronts;
- the aesthetic and recreational qualities of waterways and their changes in the times of pandemics;
- nature-society relations in waterfronts;
- visions for waterfront living;
- land ownership and control.
Author Guidelines are available on the journal website (https://changing-sp.com/ojs/index.php/csp/information/authors).
The abstract submission deadline is 20 September 2021.
The issue is planned for publication in 2022 (6:2).
If you have further questions related to this block, please contact the guest editor (Elena Trubina, Ural Federal University) by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org